Video Card/ Power Supply Help

dorfman

In Runtime
Ok.

I have this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143071

Now my PSU is only 250w and i think its 12v is only like 10 or something retardally low.

Now, I need a new PSU for that video card, but I have no idea what I need, cost is only a mild factor but according to the specs on that video card it needs 350w at 12v 22A.

I've been looking and I can't find anything thats supports 12v 22A...

Also the second part of this question is my video card on my computer is intergrated, how would I unistall that, once I get the proper PSU, to get my card that I bought work?

Thanks.

Power Supply: 3.3V@24A,+5V@24A,+12V1@17A,+12V2@17A,-12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

Video Card: A 350W PCI Express compliant system power supply (with 12V current rating of 22A or more

You can combine the +12V1 and +12V2. So it really has 34A, and you only need 17A, so that will work great.

+12V stands for the +12V rail in the PSU. This PSU happens to have dual +12V rails. Each rail has 17A, or 17 amps. The video card can draw power from both rails at the same time, so there is plenty of power for it because it can draw up to 17A from each rail at once, or 34A total.

To answer your question, you don't need to combine them.

I think I got it.

So just plug those 2 rails into the card, via that nifty little wire thing that comes with it? The 2 to 1 wire..

I don't think you understand...the rails aren't really a physical thing. The +12V rail is just a type of power that the PSU outputs. There is no plugging in to do. The power is automatically drawn from the power supply.

The video card draws it's power from 2 sources though. A - the PCI Express slot and B - you have to plug a cord into it directly from the PSU. The cord looks like this:
tp750w_2pcie.jpg

(if you don't have that cord on your PSU, there is an adapter that comes with the video card to use 2 molex cords instead)
This is a molex cord:
4%20Pin%20Molex%20Male.gif

Back
Top Bottom