best video card on the market you think?

yea the amd card is a little better prolly dosent smoke it and nividia will have a answer soon.....if u read what i posted about it...if amd dosen't keep up with drivers it will be like the 7950 gt2.........great untill they quit supporting it.

yeah the new nvidia thats coming out is said to not perform that much better than the ultra, and the ultra beat it in most cases, =\ not so good after all...

Thats amazing. Why so expensive?

A number of reasons. Reliability and stability are a few that stand out. Drivers made for this card are extensively tested to ensure a high level of quality and stability for its users.

Think of it this way. Most home users use desktops, or consumer machines. Businesses and corporations normally use workstations, or business machines. Workstations and workstation components usually use higher quality, longer lasting materials to construct their computers. These machines can also be made for specific tasks or programs.

Desktops are usually made to accommodate general usage. Games, multimedia, etc. That means the components usually cater to all these general tasks.

I see. But still, that is a pricetag that burns your ass and smacks your grandma in the face. I guess if you got the money for it and absolutely need it....

i just carnt imagine a ati faster then the ultra.

I see. But still, that is a pricetag that burns your ass and smacks your grandma in the face. I guess if you got the money for it and absolutely need it....

did you get example from looking at his pic lol

To tell the truth with the workstation cards, most of its in the drivers, making the price pretty unnacceptable in truth. "Oh, hes a graphic designer. Lets make him spend more money than he should do!".

Reason? Well, before the 8800 series (and some have managed it with these cards also), you could basically hack the standard drivers to allow Workstation functionality on standard retail cards, since the cards themselves have all the required hardware.
It is simply the drivers stopping the cards from acting in the way the 3D applications, etc want them to.

You wouldn't get the added support, BUT, you would get all the functionality promised by the workstation versions, and gaming to boot.

Back
Top Bottom