Looking into possibility of Overclocking my new computer

ok .
for an easy oc like this this is all you have to do.

the stock speeds that you will see in the bios are going to be on 266 . other wise it will be auto .

all you have to do is raise that to 311 for 2.8ghz if that goes will raise it to 333 and that will be 3 ghz.

with the videocard i wouldnt overclock it after what happend to my last one . its not really worth risking for a tiny performance gain

ok .
for an easy oc like this this is all you have to do.

the stock speeds that you will see in the bios are going to be on 266 . other wise it will be auto .

all you have to do is raise that to 311 for 2.8ghz if that goes will raise it to 333 and that will be 3 ghz.

with the videocard i wouldnt overclock it after what happend to my last one . its not really worth risking for a tiny performance gain

Very true about the GPU. Okay, I'll go ahead and raise it to 311. I'm assuming this is FSB, correct?

yes.

since you have asus like me . im thinking that it will say auto change it to 311 think its called FSB frequency

Sounds good, i'll give it a try and then report back.

Much appreciated, Cryman.

Ok, I entered the advanced tab in the BIOS and then "CPU Config." I tried changing the CPU ratio setting to 311 (from auto) but it keeps going back to 9.0. is this what I should be doing? am I on the wrong page? LOL

lol you were trying to change the multiplyer .

well how did it go

Running strong at 2.8Ghz right now!

Temperatures seem to have gone down actually, even though my window IS open and its 40* here in SoCal. My temps were apprx the same with my window closed. This is great! I might stick to this today, then try 3.0Ghz tomorrow once I get home from school.

I wonder how far I can take this... :D

Temps:

CPU: 28*
Core 1: 42*
Core 2: 44*
Core 3: 38*
Core 4: 40*

Cryman, thanks for all the help. Rep points added.

Running strong at 2.8Ghz right now!

Temperatures seem to have gone down actually, even though my window IS open and its 40* here in SoCal. My temps were apprx the same with my window closed. This is great! I might stick to this today, then try 3.0Ghz tomorrow once I get home from school.

I wonder how far I can take this... :D

Temps:

CPU: 28*
Core 1: 42*
Core 2: 44*
Core 3: 38*
Core 4: 40*

Cryman, thanks for all the help. Rep points added.
You lucky fellow.. my bios are locked, as i got an OEM computer :mad: Bet my CPU couldn't clock like that beauty though :p

Back
Top Bottom