Patch Disc =D

Yeah, Wii Channels and the Online Store. Adding friends is archaic in itself; you have to have Friend Codes rather than a Gamertag with a complete account tied underneath it.

Actually, the majority of people these days do have the internet for it. DSL is sufficient enough for stable gaming sessions even with decent bandwidth at hand.

As for Xbox Live Gold costing $50, I think its well worth it. It's stable, fast and you get tons of features with it. PlayStation Network may be free, but it just doesn't offer that much other than free online gameplay. Things that are free doesn't mean it'll be good. Sony still has ways to go before they're even in league with Xbox Live.

The one thing I do congratulate Sony on is the use of actual dollars when you buy things from the PlayStation Store. That way you know what you're exactly paying for. Xbox Live and the Wii Online Store/Virtual Console use points and the currency conversion is a bit harder to understand.

All in all, I'd still gladly play for Xbox Live. After all, you really do get what you pay for. A proper online gaming service.

One question, as far as online gaming goes, how many games actually have a robust system like Halo2/3's match making?

I remember Unreal Championship and Counter-Strike on the old xbox. It was exactly the PC, server browser, which in some cases you had to host your own game if you couldn't find one. Bullshit considering you have to pay for that which PC gamers get for free. I wont be surprised if UT3 for 360 is the same.

Well, it wasn't hard to connect to the net on the consoles when I had the router downstairs, but now I have 2 PC's upstairs, I'll have to buy a hub or something which I haven't got round to doing yet.

Its just easier to have a disc sometimes.

i have a wii and didnt kno they had good support for it when i got it a while back and hooked it up there really was no online!!!!I think xbl is the best well at least as far as now.....psn mightget close to it but i never see nintindo coming close.

Nice :) Shame I don't live in the US though, and, I'm not really a fan of wireless Internet.

I'm pretty sure the signal would be pretty low from up here to down there anyway, as theres a lot of walls, etc :(

I'll just have to find a way to go a wired route. My router handles 4 connections, BUT, the fact of it being upstairs means I can't really have a wire trailing down the stairs and into the room.

Where the router was before, I had a wire trailing from one room to the other, and then another wire went straight from the outside to my room with the one computer. Its not so simple anymore :p

I may take the router downstairs later tomorow after work and download the new demos.

Meanwhile, I'll send the damn Xbox 360 off :p

Nice :) Shame I don't live in the US though, and, I'm not really a fan of wireless Internet.

I'm pretty sure the signal would be pretty low from up here to down there anyway, as theres a lot of walls, etc :(

I'll just have to find a way to go a wired route. My router handles 4 connections, BUT, the fact of it being upstairs means I can't really have a wire trailing down the stairs and into the room.

Where the router was before, I had a wire trailing from one room to the other, and then another wire went straight from the outside to my room with the one computer. Its not so simple anymore :p

I may take the router downstairs later tomorow after work and download the new demos.

Meanwhile, I'll send the damn Xbox 360 off :p

Put the wires in the wall :)

One question, as far as online gaming goes, how many games actually have a robust system like Halo2/3's match making?

I remember Unreal Championship and Counter-Strike on the old xbox. It was exactly the PC, server browser, which in some cases you had to host your own game if you couldn't find one. Bullshit considering you have to pay for that which PC gamers get for free. I wont be surprised if UT3 for 360 is the same.

Call of Duty 4 has a pretty good match finding system. It doesn't necessarily find the exact same players in skill, but it still works well. The ranking system in COD4 is rather weird though. When you first start, ranking up is REALLY easy. I got to level 20 in two days. If you've had experience with console shooters, COD4 should be rather easy from the get-go. I've owned matches where I was level 12 or 13 and there were level 30/40 players in the same game. Like Halo, the ranking system is based on kills and experience points, so its easy for you to just crawl your way through to level 50 even if you can't aim for crap.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;749363 said:
Well I don't have a direct connection for it. Only dial up I don't have DSL. Believe it or not there are still places in the world were cable and dsl are not offered. I bought a WiFi connector to rig my dial up to work on the PS3 to get online and get updates.

I know. I never said there weren't places in the world that didn't have cable and DSL internet. My point was that most places where you'll find a current generation console, you'll find some form of high speed internet. As for your dial up, my condolences to you bud...I remember the days of the dialing modem... :p

let it go

No

She's a woman. They always have to be right.
z7shysterical.gif

lol..Yeah yeah, and men a pain's in the butt's, oh and you men hate being wrong lol =P

the funny part is she has spent 2 weeks on that...and I still can't read what the disc says

2 weeks, woa someone is a adding teh maths.. I did'nt rush out to prove myself right, so..
I'll take better pic tonight.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;749363 said:
I'm fully updated to 1.10V without it ;) Its interesting yours has Mature in the lower left in bright red my copy is just the basic black Mature +17. Maybe thats the new version.

1.10v?

Maybe because, your from yank land, and im from Aussie land, different.

Back
Top Bottom