Help w/ Dell Dimension 4600 Fan

Help!!!

I currently own a Dell Dimension 4600.

Sadly, I got the crappiest computer out there, lol. Since I have not received my greencard yet I cannot work, and no work means no money, and yeah, you get the point.

Computer Specs - **EDIT**

Microprocessor type - Intel P4, 2.80GHz
System - Intel 865PE or 865G, 8 DMA channels, 24 APIC mode, 4mb(512kb) system BIOS chip, clock @ 533- or 800-MHz data rate.
Expansion bus - PCI (33MHz), 3 connectors, 120pins, 32bits, AGP (1X, 4X, 8X)
Memory - Duel Channel DDR SDRAM, 4 connectors, capacities up to 1g per (current - 2 256s).
Memory type - CP2700(333MHz) or PC3200(400MHz) DDR SDRAM (non-ECC)
Network - NETGEAR 10/100/1000 ethernet (GA311)
Video - Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics controller
Sound - ADI 1980
Power - 250W, 853BTW heat dissipation (fully-loaded computer w/ monitor)
Fan - 92mm
OS - Microsoft Windows Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 2
Monitor - 19in Dell on Plug and Play on Intel 82865G graphics controller

got these right out of the manual, if u need anything else to help me just ask.

My last video card, can't quite remember what it was, literally melted due to the crappy fan. I'm not exactly sure which one it is (the fan). Well, as I plan to buy a nVidia 5200 (256ddr), I'm afraid of quickly ruining this new card.

Therefore I plan on buying a new fan. Also this current fan is also very very loud.

My question is, what is a good fan that runs quiet but yet has a decent airflow to keep it cool? If I have to choose, I'd pick fast airflow over sound. And my second question is, in my computer the fan is in some sort of case, and then mounted on the computer case. How do I take that part to insert the new fan? Is it necessary?

Thank you for the time,
LFT

P.S. - What are some upgrades I could do to this computer to run OpenGL, DirectX 9.0, and some computer games smoothly (I plan on working with some other people from my high school in creating a RPG game based on DirectX and DevC++. We might try OpenGL)?

i have a dell dimension 4600 motherboard and it has an AGP slot on it, are you sure you only have PCI?

Well, I'll definitely double check it. Well, this Dell was bought in early 2004. I ask for a new fan because it has randomly been shutting down and when I put my hand over it is very very hot. So, I want a new fan to help me with these "thermal" shutdowns that has been going on too often.

PS: I will try to get all specs in today.

Back
Top Bottom