Help

hello, and welcome to computerforums!! sorry to be the one to give you the bad news, but you're not going to get much gaming out of that computer. Is only has an AGP slot, no PIC-e which is the current standard in graphics cards, and only maximum of 1GB of ram, and support for a single core Pentium 4 processor. I have what's in my sig below (somewhat similar set up...dimension 4600) with 2GB ram, and it's not good for gaming.

well, that link showed what processors the motherboard support, the maximum amount of memory, and what type of graphics card and stuff, but you didn't list your specific parts you have in your build. regardless, the single core pentium (regardless of which one you have) is the best processor you can put in it. Whatever amount of RAM you have, 1GB is the max, so I would make sure you are at least using 1GB to help it run the best it can. And whatever graphics card you have (if any...you may only be using integrated graphics) just get the best AGP card the motherboard will allow......that's the best your going to do with that system...doing all that will make it ok for internet and typical stuff, but not gaming. you may want to put any upgrade money at this point towards a new system. i would recommend a dual core processor system with a decent PCI-e graphics card and 2GB of ram.

Buy A New Computer.
NOT A DELL
DELL= CORPERATE MONSTER.
I would recomend a custom system.
Maybe tell Us you budget and we will make a newegg list for you.

i have a comp. im trying to upgrade.. its a dell dimension 4550.
Specs can be found here http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/specs.htm#1101572

im pretty sure it needs a new video card and hard drive.. i just want to make it into a good gaming system.

Any ideas on how i should go about doing this?

welll depends what type of games
if your just going to be playing mmos and steam games we can upgrade it to suit u just fine but other then that your out of luck

Back
Top Bottom