Just Upgraded To Vista.

I have a intel extreme 2 chipset on this mobo so would that be better than the gf4 and possibly run aero?

Well its a combination of the speed of your ram the CPU, but if you don't feel like spending money at the moment and want to just do a full new comp later on, I'd suggest you get Vista lite, it disables all the things in vista taht are just so demanding, would run great on older systems.

Edit I just noticed your video card. The least you should be even attempting to run vista on would be something like an FX 5600, as the cheapest card you should attempt vista on. But still try vista lite.

lmfao, 1.0
it says it rates by the lowest rating, wich is the gpu. other results:
cpu: 3.8
Ram: 3.8
Gfx: 1.9
Gaming gfx: 1.0
hdd: 5.0

Yeah, bud, you REALLY should get a new GPU if/when you can afford it. It will really improve your Vista experience, and you will more than likely get Aero with the cheapest of AGP cards. Everything else looks pretty good.

Honestly I would just go back to XP. Vista runs like shit on anything that isn't practically high end.

XP runs like a champ on my old shitty P3 866Mhz system.

Not so much 'upgrade' as it is 'slow you down with useless bullshit', now is it?

My old system ran Vista Ultimate just fine, and heres what was in it:
AMD Sempron 3300+ @ 2.0 GHz
2 GB Kingston RAM, PC3200
ATi Radeon X1300Pro 256MB GPU, in AGP 4x/8x

It actually ran pretty good, but I did have 2 gigs of RAM and a dedicated GPU. Of course, this PC met impending doom 2 months after I installed Vista when I blew the mobo by putting in a new GPU that needed a 400w+ PSU when I only had a generic 300w. I miss that computer, but the one I have now is SOOO much better.

And yes, you are probably right, if you want even better performance, go back to XP. That beats Vista in a lot of ways.

Back
Top Bottom