Hey man! Welcome back, it would have been a shame to lose you.

As for interwebs, this is how I roll:

227295435.png

I get around 1mb/s on torrents and stuff. I highly recommend Optimum Online. To the best of my knowledge, they don't even cap you if you UL a lot.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;748988 said:
LOL I can download 200MB overnight with dial up man. I should hope its better than that. Speed are up to 1.8mbps right now with average download speeds of 400-700 kbps. I'd be happy downloading around 50-75KB/s during peak hours. Much better than my 5.5KB/s I get now. Here is a map of the coverage in my area with the thumbtack pretty close to were i'm at.

SprintCoverage.jpg

@ Blackjack I think some of you are mis understanding me. They HAVE been laying people off. I thought I was going to get laid off and possibly lose my job!
I'm pretty sure the Dark green is there powervision, EVDO coverage. But in that picture, it looks pretty spotchy out there... I get about 130-140KB/s down, and I live int heir busiest area. Chicago. Uploads I get about 500-700kbs.

Check out www.evdoforums.com for more info too.
Sprint is rolling out wimax, Xohm, which will be a very good wireless. Around 2-4mbs down, while driving at highway speeds, so that wont be bad... But it will be awhile before thats out in your area. Def. go with EVDO if you can.

i want to live in a big city!!!!Just looking at all the high speed coverage make's me sick!!tell me which option you get!!

i want to live in a big city!!!!Just looking at all the high speed coverage make's me sick!!tell me which option you get!!

Dude I live in a small ass town! My address is too new even though I've moved in 3 years ago but I used a neighbors address and I'm sure I've got Broadband coverage for Verizon at least!

I just checked with the new address and Sprint Broadband is 20 miles out. The green I was seeing is nationwide coverage which isn't to fast.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;749642 said:
Dude I live in a small ass town! My address is too new even though I've moved in 3 years ago but I used a neighbors address and I'm sure I've got Broadband coverage for Verizon at least!

I just checked with the new address and Sprint Broadband is 20 miles out. The green I was seeing is nationwide coverage which isn't to fast.

i live in a town populated by cows lol,no highspeed will ever get out here it seems.so ure going with verizon?

Hey Matty, Welcome back dude....glad you reconsidered! I know the worry about being laid off is bothersome, but don't sweat it...if it happens, these things have a way of working themselves out and leading to better things. But I wouldn't worry about you being laid off, your a smart fella when it comes to PC's;)

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;748847 said:
Sorry for getting a bit upset the other day. I decided to take a few days off and clear my head a bit.

Been under a bit of stress at work, they have been laying people off the past few weeks since things are slow lately so I've been a bit edgy. Something just set me off that night for some reason.

I'm back to posting and will just ignore the threads and issues that annoy me here. After all I came here for info and to help not to argue.
Glad you had a re-think & came back to us, good for you mate!!
super.gif

i live in a town populated by cows lol,no highspeed will ever get out here it seems.so ure going with verizon?
You live in a cow town? I live in the old milk capital of the nation!! Harvard, IL. We even have a parade. Milk Days, 3 days of partying!!

Back
Top Bottom