Sorry for getting a bit upset the other day. I decided to take a few days off and clear my head a bit.

Been under a bit of stress at work, they have been laying people off the past few weeks since things are slow lately so I've been a bit edgy. Something just set me off that night for some reason.

I'm back to posting and will just ignore the threads and issues that annoy me here. After all I came here for info and to help not to argue.

yea i went through this phase, but i realised the community here is just too good to leave

thats crazy i cant play xbl with hughs net

Thats because ping is horrible with satellites. Thats one of the things I've been researching. I'm about ready to give into some type of alternative Hi speed.

All Satellite providers have to send info 22,500 miles up to the satellite then 22,500 miles back to your modem. The transmission can only go so fast so it results in high ping times. I've been reading a lot on Dslreports.com and most people seem to ping around 1,000-1,500ms on Satellite. I ping betwen 200-275ms on dial up. I'd like to know how satisfied you are with the satellite internet though? Many outages and do you get close to spec speeds? What package do you have. Run a speed test I'd like to see your satellite results. Here are my Dial up results. Ping is higher the further away I try a test. East coast only gaming for me. Otherwise I ping to high.

Great for downloading stuff but horrible for gaming and time sensitive things. I'm looking into Verizon wireless and Sprint Wireless right now. It appears Verizon is in my area with EvDO. But they have a 5GB/Month cap. Sprint is unlimited but looking at the coverage map it looks like its about 5-10 miles outside my area.

I've got to speak with someone there and see if I can use a Amp or repeater to boost the signal. Hard to say if I would even need to do that. May just need a antenna outside or something. Verizon gives me 30 days free trial got to see if sprint will as well. If so I think i'm going to get it and give it a go. If not i'm still tossing up 5GB/Month for basic DSL comparable wireless or go with WildBlue and have a higher monthly 17GB FAP. Hughes caps daily and that does me no good. I'd rather download more on my off days since I don't use it much when i'm working.

its way better then dial up when it comes to dl and surfing the net!!!but if u want to game forget bout it!

Back
Top Bottom