ComputerForums Wiki?

sounds like a good idea to me, would work pretty well if it was made sure everything was approved

OK - My host doesnt have the right version of PHP. They are moving my account to a server with the right version installed. Bit of a delay here... Hope it will be worth it!

OK, right. Php 5.0.1 Didnt support 64 Bit Opteron servers in certain cases, so i am having everything moved to another opteron server, but with php 5.1 installed. Everything should go smoothly, and we'll have this Wiki set up ASAP.

EDIT: OK, Server Changed. I'm just waiting for DNS changes to propogate.

OK, I know this is a double post, but it's a BUMP as well. The DNS has propogated, and i am uploading the files now. I will then have to install MediaWiki... Which i havnt done before. Expect it done somtime tonight.

Edit - And we're up: http://wiki.computercure.org/. Im doing some stuff to it now.

I agree with the vandalisation aspects of this.
there was already an entry in wikipedia about CF that got vandalised, it just kind of proves that some people have nothing better to do than try to ruin things.

also I don't really see the point of a dedicated wiki site.
I mean, with a wiki site you write a post press submit and your writting goes up for everyone to see...

sounds kind like a forum thread to me?

anyone wanting to write guides could just use the existing forum, complete with it's hosting, moderation, search functions organised layout etc. why get all tied up with another site to maintain, with another user database etc.

I like the idea, in fact I've always liked the idea of allowing member to write guides, but I think that the guides should be hosted on this site.

aside from anything else those sort of guides could be a drawing factor to get some new members in here.

Also having looked at that Wiki? how is it related to CF, other than by just saying it is?

it's only advertised here in this thread, it doesn't use the same logo or look related theme wise. there are no links on that site to here?

@Root:

I see your point, but there isnt much of a point in ME making it look like CF if everyone hates the idea. If you like it, then i can do my best to make it look like CF. But to be honest, it doesnt really look like anyone is going to use it. If people dont want it Associated with ComputerForums, Then i will just remove the references to CF (Apart from the Wiki Page), and start my own Wiki.

Back
Top Bottom