Is this impossible to find?

darkserpant

In Runtime
Here is the situation- In one room I have my desktop and my cavle modem and router. In the room next over I have my home theater. I have a hd dvd player and a hd dvr which both require to be hooked up to the internet. Now since there is a wall between my Home theater and the router and my desktop I need to fall a wall plate that I can connect 2 ethernet cords too. What i want to do is take 2 cat5e or ethernet cords from my router and go into the wall of my ht room and be plugged into the back of a duel wall plate for cat5e cables. Then from my ht room I plug in too the front of this duel cat5e wall plate and then proceed to my dvd and dvr. Now is there a such thing as a duel wall plate that I can connect 2 cat5e cables to the back and then connect 2 more cat5e cables to the front? I don't want to hard wire any of the cables. I hoping they have ones you can plug in the back and plug in the front. Thanks.

It would be convenient, but i do not think that anything like that exists. Your best bet is, depending on the thickness of the wall, is to drill a whole in the corner of one of the walls where it wont be noticed; pass a single Ethernet cable through the wall and to your router, then on the side your home theater is on use a splitter so that you can plug both your components into it.

Also in my house I have floor vents in several rooms that let heat up. You can use these vents to run cables through to get to room to room without any drilling. Don't know if this applies to you though.

Yes, that is what I'm looking for, but I did one one that I would'nt have to hard wire on the back side if it. Looking for one that I plug an ethernet plug into the back and front. Thanks

Yes, that is what I'm looking for, but I did one one that I would'nt have to hard wire on the back side if it. Looking for one that I plug an ethernet plug into the back and front. Thanks

Your going to have to "hard wire" the backs of any jacks.

Back
Top Bottom