ComputerForums Wiki?

I reckon it will just get spammed...Having a mod moderating it won't work that well as you only have to look at how long spam hangs around this forum sometimes before being deleted with the diff timezones.

Well no, I am sure that we can set it up so that before the entries get posted they are moderated. That way, only the stuff approved gets on the wiki.

Or we could set it up so when a user registers, we have to verify them. that could work :D

Well no, I am sure that we can set it up so that before the entries get posted they are moderated. That way, only the stuff approved gets on the wiki.

Thats a good idea then. Provided they are done promptly and dont end up at the end of a big queue. Good idea.

I think the wiki idea is a good one. On a programming forum i go on, it has a wiki and it is VERY helpful at times because if someone has a question and its answered on the wiki, you can just post a link to the article its answered in.

Make a mock up to present to David, if he approves, then he could add a sub domain, and install the wiki.

Yeah - or he could set up the DNS to make it be hosted on MY server, but be on a CF domain. That way he would have to worry about bandwidth charges,etc.

With the moderation, it might work however I'd recommend using Mediawiki (what Wikipedia uses) instead of Tiki Wiki.

That's a great idea.

I've been a Sims 2 junkie for a couple years and ModTheSims2.com has a really good community but because there's hundreds of tutorials for modifying the game and all sorts of technical guides, they've got their own Wiki which works really well and makes it alot easier.

I can't see why we can't do it if the moderators have to approve all edits which means it won't be abused and if that process is slow then who cares? We'd have a helpful system instead of possibly repeating the same solution dozens of times.

Back
Top Bottom