Looking For IT Jobs..?? Using An Agency..??

SuperbTeresa

Banned
Hi

There are many agencies and firms that claim to provide you with IT 'jobs' and 'training', but there is one particular company who seem to con some people and a few of my friends. Unfortunately, I was also conned by this disgraceful firm. This firm is called 'FDM Group'. The FDM Group and their 'Academy' are simply a con. There are a few things you should be aware of. They mostly do NOT guarantee you a job in IT after training with them. Most people I know were forced to take up positions that were not related to their IT training. For example, one of my friends who wanted to be a Java programmer, was never actually given a job in programming. He was doing their training and then pushed into a 'call-centre' job doing some IT support - nothing to do with Java or programming. They struggle to put people into their so called 'guaranteed' jobs so they pressure you into doing something a 'bit' different - so they make their money out of you with a 'huge' cut in commission out of your wages.

I was simply conned from the start with FDM Group and their dodgy contract. They make you sign a contract before your training which contains some dodgy clauses in it. The FDM Group like to scare-monger people into doing the jobs that they want you to do - not what you actually want to do or have trained to do. After starting with the FDM Group, I heard rumours from a few other colleagues about the scare-mongering tactics that are used. They might seem nice at first, BUT after you sign their contract you are simply stuck in a rut with their scam. Please note that you are NOT guaranteed 2 years of work after training. Their contract contains a dodgy clause in it - they can 'terminate' your contract at any time and for any reason at all. If you don't comply with their wishes of doing any bullshit job then they can use their dodgy contract to get of rid you at any time. While I did their training, I received hardly any support from their trainers who were pathetic in their attitude towards me. Most of the training itself is copied off the internet - you could probably find much of it already on the net. This is what other trainees told me after I started with FDM.

I later discovered that this firm was investigated for fraud and deception. In particular, their operations manager, Steve Buxton was investigated and convicted of several counts of fraud by conning many graduates and promising them with careers and training in IT. He obtained 1000s of pounds from vulnerable graduates who were desperately seeking their careers in IT. Their CEO, Rod Flavell and his assistant, Julian Divett, were also investigated for their part in the scam. It is astonishing that this firm is still in business and still trying to con many innocent gradutes. What a shame to the IT industry....

Anyone thinking of going to FDM Group (Academy) should think again. Just avoid them and go directly to the companies (and avoid the huge commision cut in wages). That's what I did and it's much better. The FDM Group mainly give pathetic training, lack of support, bullshit jobs and a dodgy contract. It's no wonder they were investigated for fraud and deception.

Good luck.

Teresa

Hi

There are many agencies and firms that claim to provide you with IT 'jobs' and 'training', but there is one particular company who seem to con some people and a few of my friends. Unfortunately, I was also conned by this disgraceful firm. This firm is called 'FDM Group'. The FDM Group and their 'Academy' are simply a con. There are a few things you should be aware of. They mostly do NOT guarantee you a job in IT after training with them. Most people I know were forced to take up positions that were not related to their IT training. For example, one of my friends who wanted to be a Java programmer, was never actually given a job in programming. He was doing their training and then pushed into a 'call-centre' job doing some IT support - nothing to do with Java or programming. They struggle to put people into their so called 'guaranteed' jobs so they pressure you into doing something a 'bit' different - so they make their money out of you with a 'huge' cut in commission out of your wages.

I was simply conned from the start with FDM Group and their dodgy contract. They make you sign a contract before your training which contains some dodgy clauses in it. The FDM Group like to scare-monger people into doing the jobs that they want you to do - not what you actually want to do or have trained to do. After starting with the FDM Group, I heard rumours from a few other colleagues about the scare-mongering tactics that are used. They might seem nice at first, BUT after you sign their contract you are simply stuck in a rut with their scam. Please note that you are NOT guaranteed 2 years of work after training. Their contract contains a dodgy clause in it - they can 'terminate' your contract at any time and for any reason at all. If you don't comply with their wishes of doing any bullshit job then they can use their dodgy contract to get of rid you at any time. While I did their training, I received hardly any support from their trainers who were pathetic in their attitude towards me. Most of the training itself is copied off the internet - you could probably find much of it already on the net. This is what other trainees told me after I started with FDM.

I later discovered that this firm was investigated for fraud and deception. In particular, their operations manager, Steve Buxton was investigated and convicted of several counts of fraud by conning many graduates and promising them with careers and training in IT. He obtained 1000s of pounds from vulnerable graduates who were desperately seeking their careers in IT. Their CEO, Rod Flavell and his assistant, Julian Divett, were also investigated for their part in the scam. It is astonishing that this firm is still in business and still trying to con many innocent gradutes. What a shame to the IT industry....

Anyone thinking of going to FDM Group (Academy) should think again. Just avoid them and go directly to the companies (and avoid the huge commision cut in wages). That's what I did and it's much better. The FDM Group mainly give pathetic training, lack of support, bullshit jobs and a dodgy contract. It's no wonder they were investigated for fraud and deception.

Good luck.

Teresa
Welcome to Computer Forums!
victory.gif

That is totally a shame. I have some suggestions on how you can find jobs doing what you actually want to do;

1. Do a Google search for companies. Contact the ones that are desirable to you and see if they are hiring.
2. Go to www.craigslist.net and look under the job section. There ar categories of all kinds. This site is worldwide, and people who are hiring will post the positions there.
3. Write up a good resume and offer to send it to all the employers you've contacted. This makes you appear professional and shows that you've got it together.

For guidance in writing resumes, see the following sites;
www.howtowritearesume.net/

www.mahalo.com/How_to_Write_a_Resume

www.rockportinstitute.com/resumes.html

www.trincoll.edu/depts/career/guides/resume.shtml

www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Resume

Resume Templates
www.resumetemplates.org/

www.collegegrad.com/resumes/quickstart/agree.shtml

I hope this helps you all to get the job of your dreams. Believe me, it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom