1080p 32" LCD for PC.

deepthroat

In Runtime
I just recently purchased a 32" 1080p aquos for use as my bedroom hdtv and computer monitor. I had to order a monster cable hdmi to dvi cable which will arrive either tuesday or wednesday(19.6 footer). Have any of you guys connected your pc's to your hdtv's? Just to think....Sitting, no LAYING in my bed surfin the web. Doesn't get any bettter than that!!! I also use this HDTV for my 360 which looks absolutely incredible, especially HDDVD's!

Tell me about your setups if you have done this.

ive used my computer in my 50'' pioneer . that was great . but because its a plasma i didnt use it for long or the start menu would be burnt into my tv for evaa

My setup is 1080p 26" LCD connected to my comp with a monster cable DVI to HDMI cable.

Borats got a very good point. There are some DVI-HDMI cables out there that are cheaper and the same quality, if not better, than the Monster cable. Just keep that in mind, Monsters are good, but a lil overpriced.

BTW, Your idea would work out pretty good considering you have the GPU that can handle the resolutions. I have seen it done before, it looks amazing.

Borats got a very good point. There are some DVI-HDMI cables out there that are cheaper and the same quality, if not better, than the Monster cable. Just keep that in mind, Monsters are good, but a lil overpriced.

BTW, Your idea would work out pretty good considering you have the GPU that can handle the resolutions. I have seen it done before, it looks amazing.

Only reason I have a monster cable is because my dad had purchused it for the main tv but we don't use it anymore so i snatched it lol.

my buddy plays cod4 for pc on his 32 hd tv and my god it looks great im saving up to get one too!!

just dont get flashed in a game an all white screen blinds the hsit out of u!

you got ripped off by buying a monster cable.

Here we go again! Seriously we don't have to go over this every time I mention the name monster. I buy monster cables because monster specializes in making only cables. If all they do is make cables and wiring accessories, they're going to put all they know into those cables. It's science. It has to do with trust, I don't trust other "now you see me, now you don't" brands that are all over the internet. I just can't justify it, If I can afford it, why does it matter to someone else?

Sorry about the rambling, I just don't get it. Sure, a toyota celica will get you where you wanna go, but I prefer a Royce Phantom.LOL

I love COD4. I play it on my 360 in 1080p, it is the best fps I've ever played! I'm actually my 2nd time into prestige mode. I probably won't be playing too many games from my pc since I'm a little outdated I'm afraid. I only have an overclocked 6800GT. Good enough for movies, music internet and some older games, but I'm sure it can't handle the latest and greatest. For games I've turned over to 360 since it's a bit more powerful than my pc.

Nice :)

I only have a monitor that goes up to 1680x1050, and thats good enough for me, since to run at 1080p, you have to have serious hardware, and if the TV isn't a CRT, your going to get stretching going for lower res's, though most seem to be capable.

I recently bought a 720p TV for downstairs, and have my PS3 running through it. I can't tell the difference enough to have justified the price, sitting where I would sit playing to get a 1080p TV.

Comes as a plus I guess that to have good graphics in game, you need a lower resolution, and its not like the PS3/360 has a power house graphics card. Its pretty standard in PC's now in a lower budget market, or at least the technology is. So, I don't see us seeing many 1080p games anyway.

For HD films though, yeah :p

Back
Top Bottom