ComputerForums Radio?

J03

~~~~~~~~
Hey everyone,

I dont know whether or not this has been discussed before, but how about a CF Radio station? I have just got some ShoutCast Hosting, and i would like to allow certain CF Members to broadcast, and everyone to listen. The server i have got is a 25 Slot - If we get more listeners than that, i will be very happy, and will upgrade the server. What you you think of this idea, and would anyone like to become a broadcaster?

Also - With this new server, i dont know what the stream quality is like. Can some of you try to connect to http://72.29.69.23:8074/listen.pls - It would be greatly appreciated :)

Sounds like an interesting idea, what sort of things would you broadcast? I guess music would be out due to copyright.

We could broadcast many things. There are quite a lot of great bands/artists, such as http://www.generalfuzz.net/. If you think that the idea of a shoutcast stream is a good one, and we decide to go ahead, we can think of the various things to broadcast later.

edit:

I'm having a bit of a problem with wireless internet - but it should be OK now :)

I am all up for it. My rig is almost always on.

Question about semantics tho, could we broadcast stuff from our own music library, like music that bands wrote?

Well, strictly, we cannot legally broadcast copyrighted music without getting a Loudcity license, which would cost $35 a month - and that's $35 a month that i cant afford :)

How would a radio be on here?
David might link to it?

It should be easy to see unlike the chat room i liked, it was hard to remeber it was there, only a thread that's now dropped way down.

Should be near the logo and ad up the top but thats just my input

What about our podcast?

Word.

Brillant idea.

Haha we had one but the members sort of all fell apart. I still have all the recording stuff set up so if anyone wanna record just shoot me a PM. Search for the thread if you want.

Back
Top Bottom