Higher ping and online play

superman22x

Golden Master
I have kinda high pings... 150+ on average. So, when I try and play like, BF2142, I get hardcore lag. But I also have the GFX on the highest. If I were to turn them down, would that help? Or am I just screwed until Sprint comes out with WiMax Xohm? SO I can get better ping.

meh, some ppl claim lowering the settings do help but i dont really think it does much except help fps, u could definitely try.

i would try making punkbuster scan for hacks less often; i forgot the command...

thats really all you can do since ur on satellite

Um. im sure ur mobo supports 10/100/1000 right? cuz mine does. and what kinda cat cables are u using. cuz theres a big difference between 5 and 6. they all matter. and what kinda plan are u signed up with ur ISP? im signed up for 150kbps and i sometimes think about upgrading cuz im a big downloader

I have an unlimited plan, and here is a speedtest:

Usually I get about500-700 down, but I just did two tests and got less...

It's not satellite, it's wireless. To cell towers. Like a cellphone. Not cat cables at all. Is a USB modem, connects directly to a USB port, and from there, wireless to cell towers. Like a tethered phone.

wow. in that case what u could do is buy some wiring maybe a longer USB wire and route it to ur attic. thats the only thing i could think of

i bet we have the same plan cuz i got about the same as yours but mines a little faster cuz im wired

Yeah, I could get an antenna DBA booster, and cable, but they are coming out with some new tech thats a lot better in a couple months. So I will wait til then. And I am in the initial Chicago coverage area. But it seems like it isnt connecting to Chicago, but like OH from some reason. So that will boost my ping. The new Tech will be good though. 2-4+mbs down, actual, and 1-3mbs up actual. With pings around 70 while driving at 45mph according to tests. Thats the advantage to my internet, if you have a laptop, you can take it anywhere in the sprint coverage area. Disadvantage is ping, and the hefty $60 a month. But it's all I can get in my area. Except satellite and dial-up.

Back
Top Bottom