using computer without a case.

sccrbrandon47881

In Runtime
possible or not? i've ran one out of a pizza box before but i had the switch from another computer to turn it on. can i just go to radioshack and get a switch?

It's possible, I do it all the time when trouble shooting, to start it you just jump the switch pins with a metal object, I use a flat bladed screw driver.

this may seem stupid but its sencible . make sure you do it on a anti-static pad or somthing

Non conductive surface would be a better way to describe it, I'd hate for someone to do it on the anti static bag the m/board comes in, lol.

I use a m/board box.

yeah its very possible i did it for bout a week once, built my 1st comp and when it was in the case it turned on for 5 - 10 seconds then turned off,

so i took it out of the case built it up in the mobo box and it worked, then put in back in the case and it cocked up again,

so becuase i just wanted to test my pc i ran it out the mobo case lol,,

************stupid me forgot to put the motherboard raisers in, *************

i had to for like a month, i put it on an old shoe box with a anti static bag underneath it. (the one it came in) and i used my knife and touched the two together. but if u do that be carefull. cuz i did it once and i accidently went to high and hit a bunch of the other ones two and it made like a huge spark. and i smacked my elbow on my desk cuz i jumped. good times good times

oh yeah the risers would usually come with the case

Back
Top Bottom