my first build. what i want...

pantera_fan88

Solid State Member
ok, i just ordered my thermaltake armor blk case with the side fan.

i want to get

ABS tagen bz series 800w psu
eVGA nvdia nforce 680i sli mobo
eVGA geforce 8800gts 512MB gfx card
intel quad core cpu
500gb harddrive ( dunno which yet )
4gb of ram ( dunno which yet )
thermaltake liquid cooling system.
and ill be running windows xp.

im building it for gaming basically. what do you think. oh, btw i work 2 jobs and live in an apt. besides work i usually game or movies. so money is not huge deal b/c one jobs income is for bills and the other is for fun. and ive got nothing better to spend it on. and i NEED a good gaming pc. thanks guys.

like i said, this is my first build, ive done research on the parts and they have been good, but together does this make a good system? any ideas?

Get the 512mb 8800gt or the 640mb 8800gts, they're both better than the 512 8800 gts. I don't know if XP will recognize 4 gigs of ram, will someone clear this up for me? Can some one tell me how much ram Vista 32-bit and 64-bit will support and then XP 32-bit and 64-bit. To save money you probably won't need a 800w psu. I'd go with a 650w. The liquid cooling is all up to you as well, but it should run fine with a good case and a Zalman on your cpu.

ok, i just ordered my thermaltake armor blk case with the side fan.

i want to get

ABS tagen bz series 800w psu
eVGA nvdia nforce 680i sli mobo
eVGA geforce 8800gts 512MB gfx card
intel quad core cpu
500gb harddrive ( dunno which yet )
4gb of ram ( dunno which yet )
thermaltake liquid cooling system.
and ill be running windows xp.

im building it for gaming basically. what do you think. oh, btw i work 2 jobs and live in an apt. besides work i usually game or movies. so money is not huge deal b/c one jobs income is for bills and the other is for fun. and ive got nothing better to spend it on. and i NEED a good gaming pc. thanks guys.

like i said, this is my first build, ive done research on the parts and they have been good, but together does this make a good system? any ideas?
If its a first build, I wouldnt go with a liquid cooling system.

getting everything from newegg.com. so far i ordered my thermaltake armor case on wed. and it was free shipping and its going to be here in a few hours and its friday. so really fast shipping. and i heard great customer service.

good deal and no czat, the 8800 GTS 512 mb is a g92 core thus better than the 8800 GTS 640mb (g80)

Get the 512mb 8800gt or the 640mb 8800gts, they're both better than the 512 8800 gts. I don't know if XP will recognize 4 gigs of ram, will someone clear this up for me? Can some one tell me how much ram Vista 32-bit and 64-bit will support and then XP 32-bit and 64-bit. To save money you probably won't need a 800w psu. I'd go with a 650w. The liquid cooling is all up to you as well, but it should run fine with a good case and a Zalman on your cpu.

no the 512 8800 gts is the newer G92 core GPU.its faster then the GT and the 640 GTS.
32bit only see's 2.5-3gbs of ram and 64bit can see 8gb

Back
Top Bottom