Vista is more secure then OSX and Linux and XP

microsoft does use their own servers for most of their stuff but dont they use linux ones for the main core of the microsoft servers?

and i liek the way that it is microsoft syaing that vista is the most secure not an independent group

microsoft does use their own servers for most of their stuff but dont they use linux ones for the main core of the microsoft servers?

and i liek the way that it is microsoft syaing that vista is the most secure not an independent group

Microsoft runs all Microsoft servers afaik. They used to use IBM AIX (Unix) servers for the finance department, but they contracted this work out to a third party in order to use entirely Microsoft servers.

So you're saying that a secure OS is defined by how many people are using it? So, DOS is more secure than Linux? I don't agree with that train of thought.

Whether you agree or not its true :p. A smaller user-base means two things:

1. That it is harder for a virus to spread around; as the means of a virus or spyware/malware being transmitted are usually from one computer to another, or a server to a computer. And if your using Linux, and %99 of the world isn't, then %99 of the people/servers you engage in some kind of connection with cannot exploit your computer with security flaws or viruses because they have a different OS. Intrinsically meaning the virus or whatever is not designed for the OS that you have.
2. Less people are trying to exploit an OS with a smaller user-base since it won't be as effective. The two main goals of exploiting an OS or creating spyware/malware or a virus is Notoriety or some Financial reason. Neither of which make it feasible to exploit smaller user-base Operating Systems.

Whether or not you agree doesn't change the fact that its true. I say I have a six-pack abs, but that doesn't make it true ;-P

Back
Top Bottom