How safe?

Kage

Golden Master
How protected are we on this site?

The reason I ask is, I'm on another forum that must use the same database as this, and yesterday, my account was obviously hacked.

I kept getting e-mails reporting that my new password had been sent to me about 5 times yesterday.

I tried logging in with the last password I got sent, to find that I couldn't even get on with that.

Someone had obviously somehow got the new password it had sent (I don't know if I used the same password for e-mail, but they haven't changed that), and took my account, changing the password, and e-mail to it, because I can't even request one myself.

Weird, huh? Its caused me now to have a different password for EACH forum, but just written down somewhere safe and stored.

Why they'd want my account I don't know. I even use a very old username that I don't use anymore, so it shows how often I go on it, but still, scary.

Haha well, I doubt they'd ever be able to guess my password for each one again.

Basically, I've thrashed on the keyboard using numbers, letters, symbols, and written it down from notepad, and then copied and pasted that into the forums password changer, etc.

So I won't remember them from memory, but my browser stores anyway (unless thats a bad thing)

Honestly though, is it just as worse to store passwords in the browsers memory? Or can't this be accessed, since its saved on your computer?

cookies are risky things, i dont trust 'em much - it cant be impossibly for a virus or even another website to access them (i dont know for sure im no expert)

Ah, well, they are all changed now, to jumble basically, and each one different

better not lose that peice of paper its wrote down on or that notepad file gets corrupted.

Yeah...

Well, its saved in an encrypted Messenger file, and then on a pen drive on mine, etc. Places like that.

If I lost my e-mail password, I couldn't even ask for a password to be sent to me :p

Back
Top Bottom