CPU Too Hot?

Stevebobwe

Beta member
Hello, just finished building my new comp today, everthing is looking good and it runs fine however, I decided to go chill in my bios to see how things were holding up and this is what I found... (Q6600 btw)

CPU Temp: 75-95C High8x with door off, 9x with door on...
Board Temp: 28-33C bout the same either way
MCP Temp: 48-63C not too much difference here either

Though this was after about 2hours, this seems extremely hot to me, the board temps seem fine, the MCP is just ok (I think), and the CPU temp is way too hot. Do I have the correct Idea here? Can anyone say what temps are "OK" and what temps are the "Danger Zone". Plz list for the CPU, Board, and MCP. I'm not even overclocking, but I am using the stock cooler. Help plz. :(

My specs:
Q6600
8800GT SSC x2
eVGA 780i Mobo
Coolermaster Cosmos Case

Thanks in advance.

The CPU is overheated to the max if those readings are true, what did you use to get the readings?? Core Temp 0.96.1 is the most accurate.

I would say looking at those temps that the cpu cooler is not seated correctly, you need to check the push pins to ensure they are correctly seated.

At those temps I'm surprised that Thermal Protection hasn't kicked in and shut the cpu down (once again it depends on what you're using to read them and are they correct)

More detail required mate.

Yeah, that's extremely hot dude. Mine usually averages around 30*C. Get that fixed asap!

The borderline for a CPU is generally around 60c. What cooler are you using and how did you fit it?

Back
Top Bottom