Video Game programs

hey people i need help with some programs im trying to make a video game and im working on getting a new computer and i need a little help on what type of computer to get and i need to no some programs to get
if you help me thats awesome cause i need all the help i can get i have help from my friends and i need some from you guys cause i no alot of you are good at finding this stuff and i need some well alot of help any help is good and if you have any ideas on what else i should put in my game i will give you creadit ill put you user name on the game creadits and yeah so i need all the help i can get i really need some good programs that are for video game creations and i need to no what a good computer would be cause im saving up alot of money so far i need $3200

i would help u but i dont know that much about good game designing
ive tried to make RPGs on VB but that doesnt work so im telling u dont use that
if u want a fast computer get a computer with windows XP cuz vista has all this crap that slows it down like the 3D program switcher thingie
thats all i can say

ok man, first of all you need to learn a computer language, you can try lua at first, but you want to get to c++ to make good games (well not really, but a lot of games are made with this language), also you dont exactly need a super computer to make a game (but you might need one to play the game LOL) but anyhow you want "dev-C++" its free and is really good for programing in c++, and for lua u want the "lua dev kit" thats also good,

after you learn c++ you may want to look into an easy graphics toolkit like GLUT which utilizes openGL or something for directX. C++ by itself won't get you to far in game development.

im learning C++ right now so itll be all good
i like your laptop xtremezx2

She's not bad, I used to use it for lanparty's a lot when I first got it. But I have a 360 now and don't game much on computer. It does what it needs to do now (internet for the wife :) ).

If your learning c++ and want to get into some openGL programming you should look into GLUT (openGL Utility Toolkit). Thats what I used when I took computer graphics in college. I made a really basic fps engine for it, wasn't very good but got me an A in the class. If you need any tips just ask.

Here is the site to download the glut library and such, have lots of documentation as well. http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut/

im in highschool and i already no alot about computers im just tryin to learn as much as i can and i need to learn C++ and i got a 360 and i play the 360 and the computer alot

Back
Top Bottom