Low-Energy Boiler

if you can find a way of having the steam go through the turbines whilst its being cooled, it would be better since when steam cools down it expands, so youd get a higher pressure going through :)

if you can find a way of having the steam go through the turbines whilst its being cooled, it would be better since when steam cools down it expands, so youd get a higher pressure going through :)

I wanted to, but I can't figure out a way to cool it passively. I thought maybe if the width of the tube extending from the top widened as it reached the turbine the steam would expand, thusly cool. I have to do some calculations to see realistically how much I could cool it, (PV=nRT), to determine if implementing this would be worth the time. Shouldn't take me too long.

a water jacket is another possibility, since water is being re used anyway right? :) but the idea is certanly a good once, taking advantage of the lower pressure

a water jacket is another possibility, since water is being re used anyway right? :) but the idea is certanly a good once, taking advantage of the lower pressure

But I would have to cool the water first. Because the steam inside is pretty much the same temperature as the liquid water on the outside. And if I had to cool water for a water jacket it would lower my efficiency. If you have any ideas for passive cooling though let me know though.

Back
Top Bottom