Help me build system on Q6600?

yexusbeliever1

Baseband Member
Alright all, I am asking for help. I do not want to be unique in my computer. I like to build a computer based upon the Q6600 Intel Quad-Core. And I do certainly want to overclock this cpu to at least 3.0ghz. So I need your help. What you can help is really simple.

Please provide information on how you build your system using Q6600. Provide details of the hardware you used from CPU fan, motherboard, rams, case, harddrives, video cards, and etc. And if you overclock the cpu, please provide information on how you did it.

What my intention is that I will look at all of those who provide inputs here on how they built theirs; I will use that information to build mine.

I'm asking about this because I know for sure that you went through the system building these components and if I happen to use the exact same ones, they can't possibly be incompatible.

how much money do you have to spend?

Yes, that would help, along with what you plan on doing with your computer.

Also, do you have any reason not to change to vista, or do you want to give it a shot?

No matter the size, I would recommend a Seagate hard drive. They have never let me down.

I've built two Q6600 based systems:

System 1:

Q6600
Asus P5K (P35 chipset)
2x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 6400
Asus Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
Western Digital Raptor 74GB
Western Digital SATA2 320GB
Pioneer 212 SATA DVD-RW
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
Thermaltake Soprano case

I then had the good fortune to aquire some DDR3 ram so I upgraded to the following.

System 2:

Q6600
Asus P5E3 (X38 chipset)
2x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 11000
Asus Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
Western Digital Raptor 74GB
Western Digital SATA2 320GB
Pioneer 212 SATA DVD-RW
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W

On both of these systems I have trialed the Zalman 9700NT, the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme and the Thermalright IFX-14 coolers, I am currently running the TU120e.

The Toughpower psu has developed a fault in the last couple of days where it totally loses power and is in the process of a warranty return for replacement.

In the interim I have installed an Antec True Power Trio 650W.

Here is a record of my overclocking on the P5K system (I have yet to complete a record for the P5E3 system due to the psu failure)

I am currently running at 3.0GHz (333x9)@1.1250v with the memory at 1333MHz@1.6v, temps are 35-35-33-33 at idle, 50-50-48-48 at full load (prime95)

ocingtn1.jpg

For budget, I am putting about $1,000 for building this (hardware) only. And I believe that if it is cost more than $1,000 then it means I will just have to drop some of the unnecessary items to buy for me; such like high powerful video card.

Thanks A TRUE FOLDER. I'm thinking about overclocking it to only 3.0ghz too. Wonderful~!

esa, are those the items you bought to build yours?

Back
Top Bottom