Ram

hockeyman4413

In Runtime
hi guys,
ok, my question has to do with RAM speed. my friend has ddr2 1200 and is running vista. when he goes to the vista experience index thing, it gives him a rating of 5.6. now, i have ddr2 800 and i get 5.6 rating for ram too. Is this wrong or am i not understanding something, i would imagine he would get a higher score because his ram is faster, right? is it actually worth it/can you see a performance difference between, say 800 and 1066 RAM?

ya, i have vista too, i dont know his latency i just remember i had the same score as him, but my Caselatency is 5.

(higher latency is worse)

I'm guessing the experience index goes more off of how much RAM you have, not just the speed.

ok, well i guess that's that with that question. for my second question, can you see a performance difference between, say 800 and 1066 RAM? would it just depend on what apps you run or what games you play?

It would be minor. It largely depends on the processor, because the RAM speed is linked to the processor speed through the FSB. DDR2-1066 isn't really necessary unless you're overclocking or you have a higher end processor.

Back
Top Bottom