Q6600 quad core temperatures with Everest...

dan7777

In Runtime
I'm using Everest Ultimate edition, and checking my temps. It says that the 'CPU' is 22degrees celcius (general cpu temp I guess), yet each core is running at about 38degrees approx each. I'm browsing and using itunes.

Does this seem ok?

Is it right that each individual core has a higher temperature than the general rating?

Cheers for any help given!

I'm not sure how it measures it, but I bet the sensors that measure the cores at much closer to them, because they measure each core separately...so...logically they would be, or else they'd get a general rating.

The general temperature monitor is probably further away..thus the lower temp. 38 degrees is fine.

The 38°C is the correct reading, if in doubt d/load CoreTemp 0.96.1 and run that.

Everest is reading the 22°C from the diode on the board, the 38°C is from the chip itself and is a true cpu die temperature.

ok on everest my q6600 temps ares.

cpu-23C cores-1-32 2-27 3-26 4-30

so your temps look fine

Damn, you have better cooling than me. What do you have? I'm just using an intel heatsink and fan. On a ASUS P5N32-E. In a NZXT hush case.

I'm at 34-34-31-31 today, it's a little warmer than normal, already over 28°C here.

Cooler is Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme.

@ dan7777, if you have the $$$$ look at an after market cooler, Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme, Tuniq Tower 120, Zalman 9700NT are a few that are tried and true with a quad

What temperature should I worry about my cpu reaching? What can the quad core handle when I'm doing heavy gaming for instance?

i have zalman 9700NT with asus p5e and antec 900 case , so there will be diff with stock cooler and $100 cooler

Back
Top Bottom