Winamp update screwed itself

Kage

Golden Master
Hey,

I just installed the new update to winamp.

I had 5.51, which worked fine, and then proceeded to update to 5.52 since I kept getting asked. I wish I hadn't now, as I get this error everytime I start it up, though it continues to load:

"This application failed to start because MSVCR71D.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

All MP3's load, etc, but my module files for the megadrive (using a plugin, vgm.dll) fail to play now :(

Whats this about?

If I completely wipe Winamp and update, would my plugins be deleted also? I updated by just running over it which has never failed for me before.

No, I was expecting it to work, so just ran the update it asked me to.
But now, I continuously get that at the bootup of Winamp, and yet it continues to work? With exception to the format I want the most? :(

If I tried to install an older version now, surely it'd tell me it can't because its already updated?
Should I back up plugins then? :|

This is so awquad, I won't update next time

yea back them up....after that see if it works if not uninstall that winamp and get a earlier version

Okay, well I just found the older version (1.51) on my computer, and downgraded.

I still get that error even though I haven't deleted a DLL file to start with! :(

Its not for the plugin it seems, as I just un-installed completly Winamp, and then re-installed.

Still get the error, and even though I have put the plugin into the Winamp plugins folder, Winamp doesn't read it, yet it did before.

I'm so confused now

Well you obviously still need the DLL file then. That's what that error means, it's missing a (probably Windows) DLL file. Do as I said with regsvr32.

Back
Top Bottom