system restore?

That is quite clearly some form of spyware (based on the previous thread).

You could attempt a repair install of Windows, which would probably be safer depending on when your last Restore Point was created; you do not want to restore the spyware itself obviously.

Is it XP Home or Professional?

You should be able to get rid of it. Have you run all your spyware programs in safe mode? Uninstalled any crappy software that might be dodgy? Do this the run hijackthis again, and upload the log to http://hijackthis.de/. It should tell you if anything malicious is floating about.

Get rid of Nortan, use somthing like zone alarm or comodo free firewalls. I also use firefox with the NoScript extension and adblock plus. It cuts back on loads of spyware you can get from simply browsing.

i downloaded a vista update thing containing a malware remover, so im running that right know.

if that dosent help, ill try running everything in safe mode

You must have removed some infected system files when deleting the spyware, system restore but it might not work, run a windows repair .

when you do get i fixed use driveimage xml........it backs up your drives and partitions its freee.....go to www.maximumpc.com and type that in......i can't give a driect link because i have the cd that comes with the mag

Back
Top Bottom