I am now A+ Certified!!! W00t

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
Well I took my two tests yesterday for A+, the Essentials and the IT technician tests. I completed each test within 30 minutes and scored a 745 on the Essentials and a 780 on the IT Technician. My certificate is in the mail and I can now use their snazzy logos. :p My next feat will be Network+.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: THIS THREAD IS NOT A REP ME THREAD, SO PLEASE DON'T LOCK OR REMOVE BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THAT IT IS FOR THAT PURPOSE. I AM JUST TRYING TO SHOW OFF MY NEW CERTIFICATION!!

W00t!

what website did you get it from??? and what books did you use??im thinking bouyt going to barns and noble and getting them and getting certified it might be good too do!

yh i need to know the best ppl to go with and what books are the best, and well done dude!!!

i would love to do something like that...because i can train clients at night and do computer work in the morning that would be so great! and how much does it cost?

A+ is a certification from CompTIA. I ordered this book and then after I felt comfortable with the material, I went in to my college, which is a Prometrics testing center and took the tests. The book is pretty good, and if you have moderate knowledge already, then you should get it no problem. The hardest part was remembering that such and such IRQ address was for COM1 and such.

how much did it cost for the test?

Well here in the U.S., it is two tests in order to be certified, and I believe it was $163 per test. A+ is expensive, moreso than Microsoft. I plan to start Network+ after a few days and that is one $200 test.

thats not bad at all, my gf might get happy to lol she thinks i flirt with clients hahahahhaha!Might do that we have a cool gaming place in orlando i want to work at...but u have to have alot of certifications i might as well start it seems like alot of ppl are doing it....what was the hardest part of the test?

LOL There is this girl at work (I work at Wal-Mart) that I told that I was taking my tests and she gave me these eyes (I am convinced she has a crush on me) and said so innocently "Good luck" and winked. :D Best part is she's single. :p

Back
Top Bottom