Quad core vs 45nm Dual Core

however, to continue to use the painting example, even if you have 4 painters to split up the work, if only 2 are painting and the other 2 are sitting there doing nothing, you would be better off with 2 faster painters. (example of lack of software at the moment to take advantage of 4 cores). if you have an extra $75 or so to "future proof" in hopes of software taking advantage of 4 cores in the near future than get the quad, otherwise, choose the E8400 dual core. i'm leaning towards getting a motherboard that supports the quad, but getting the E8400 so it's faster right now.

however, to continue to use the painting example, even if you have 4 painters to split up the work, if only 2 are painting and the other 2 are sitting there doing nothing, you would be better off with 2 faster painters. (example of lack of software at the moment to take advantage of 4 cores). if you have an extra $75 or so to "future proof" in hopes of software taking advantage of 4 cores in the near future than get the quad, otherwise, choose the E8400 dual core. i'm leaning towards getting a motherboard that supports the quad, but getting the E8400 so it's faster right now.

yes but multi tasking is increased because the to doing nothing can cut your lawn
also dont forget most games are multi core

Alright well I am slowly buying parts for my new build over the next 4 months. Maybe I should wait a maybe the the processors will be faster and cheaper by then. The Q6600 has been at its current price point for the past 5 months so maybe the Q6700 or newer 45nm could be at a lower price point in 4 months.

well are the bus speeds on the 45nm going to be the same speed or barely faster?

i would wait for the new quads to come out....since your spending some cash i assume your a gamer and in the near future its going to be about the quad or the quad duo lol.

By the time developers take advantage of quads, way better ones will be out. So there's no need to "futureproof" a quad build yet imo.

Back
Top Bottom