Illegal immigration a problem?

mine was made by good 'ol motherearth.

But as you say, the fakes are made by illegals, that's my point. Those jobs could be for our legal youth, or anyone that needs a small job. If you come to our country, support ours, not yours, and do what we do, dont bring your customs here. If we dont want you, we probably dont want your customs either.... Just come legally. If you ruined your country, it's not our problem, fix yours, dont ruin ours...

Everyone has a right to bring their own customs here. That's what makes America in the first place.

Don't even get me started on illegal immigration.......

And yes, it is a huge problem in this country.

Everyone has a right to bring their own customs here. That's what makes America in the first place.
I know, but we closed the boarders a long time ago... I dont mind them bringing customs... legally. I love mexican food. But, I like it brought legally, that's all. If everyone that is illegal now, came legal, I would be content, but they didnt. I dont like that.

And by mexican food, I dont mean taco bell, lol.

Illegal immigration is a problem. It's a huge problem. I have worked with many illegal immigrants in my life. They are for the most part honest, hard-working people trying to make a better life for themselves and their family by doing jobs no one else will, and I respect them for that. I cannot say that I in their situation would not do the same thing.

But the fact of the problem is there are only so many people our country can support. Ideally our country could support many more people. But the more people we have living here not contributing to taxes, the harder it is for our government to be effective.

The U.S. Census Bureau estimated their are 8.7 million people living here illegally. Thats over a quarter of a percent. Doesn't seem like much, but that means every year a large amount of money is leaving our country, never to be invested in our economy again. Not to mention the medical fees the government picks up for them when they go to the Emergency Room. Or the amount of money they don't pay into taxes.

The answer to this problem though isn't to build a wall, or a barrier, or kick all the illegal immigrants out of our country along with their families. No. The answer is to invest in the social structure of Mexico, (where the vast majority of illegal immigrants come from). If they had oppurtunities in their own country, flocks of people wouldn't be trying to leave to get into America, both legally and illegally.

America should work to end corruption in the Mexican Police, help them develop a broader infrastructure, look into different ways of ending high unemployment rates, and how to better the Mexican economy. We can't physically stop millions of illegals from running across the border. Inevitably many will get through. We have to make them want to stay in their country, and be proud of their country. That's the real answer to the immigration problem.

Besides, a stronger Mexico would mean a stronger America. As we would greatly benefit from increased trade.

The answer to this problem is to build a wall, or a barrier, and to kick all the illegal immigrants out of our country along with their families. We shouldn't invest in the social structure of Mexico, (where the vast majority of illegal immigrants come from). If they had oppurtunities in their own country, flocks of people would still be trying to leave to get into America, both legally and illegally.

Fixed.

America should work to end corruption in the Mexican Police, help them develop a broader infrastructure, look into different ways of ending high unemployment rates, and how to better the Mexican economy. We can't physically stop millions of illegals from running across the border. Inevitably many will get through. We have to make them want to stay in their country, and be proud of their country. That's the real answer to the immigration problem.

Besides, a stronger Mexico would mean a stronger America. As we would greatly benefit from increased trade.

Frankly, I think the US should stop fixing other countries. We're already in trouble as is. If they can't work it out by themselves, tough.

Here's how I see it. My family came here legally, why can't they? What makes them so special?

If we grant instant access to them, what about the others waiting in line? Who actually try to get here like we did? You want to screw them?

Sorry for the double post, but I feel its necessary to prevent my previous post from becoming too long.

They can't come here legally because the line is too long. What if you were living in poverty, couldn't afford clothes, there were no jobs, and the only viable way to better your life was to come to America. Then you found out you might have to wait 40+ years to get in. What would you do? Let your family suffer or take a risk and brake the law. Put yourself in their shoes. They are honest, good people for the most part. Sure there are a few criminals amongst them, but same about the general population.

I think my idea is the only real solution to the problem.

EDIT:

Fixed.

Frankly, I think the US should stop fixing other countries. We're already in trouble as is. If they can't work it out by themselves, tough.

Yeah but this directly effects us. They are our neighbor, not thousands of miles away. And wether we like it or not, America is the worlds mother. It sounds arrogant, but when it comes down to it America fixes all real problems. When theirs a natural disaster who is always the largest contributor of aid year after year? America. When a country is invaded who is the first country that the invaded party asks for help? America. When any serious diplomatic talks occur who is always asked to mediate in one form or another? America. What single country provides %22 of the UN's budget? America.

The United States is the most influential country in the world. And with that comes a great deal of responsibility, like it or not. We get a lot of shit for it when good intentions go bad, but someones got to step up to the plate and fix things when their broken. And usually, were the only ones that can really get things done.

yes, I agree with that.

Some of my friends are illegal, and some are smart, actually, he might not be illegal, idk really. But some are just failures in our school. Gangstas, lol. My school, has too big a population of Enlish-second language people. And our school ACT average is fairly low, cause a lot dont care or try. So it makes our school look bad, where as the high average schools, are high, because everyone doesnt have to take the ACT, so only the smarter people take it.

And the nieghboring town, Carpentersville, as my dad says, "80% mexican, 20% redneck" just passed a law where illegals cant be hired I think.

Back
Top Bottom