Connection closed by peers.

Herasy

Solid State Member
Hi. I have read through countless forums about this problem and have found no soulution. So i thought i would post my own thread.

This problem only started happening recently. When i go on utorrent now i can upload/download for a good hour or more but then a red arrow apears beside all my torrents, no matter what the tracker is. The tracker status says "connection closed by peers"
This problem has really stumped me and any help with this problem will be much much appreciated.

Some things I have already tried:
updating my torrent client
trying other clients
ensuring my port is correctly forwarded

Some info that might be useful:
I do not use a router
I use Mcafee security suite
It happens with all torrents.
Thanks Herasy

This should not be discussed here, really but one suggestion is it could be your ISP capping your bandwidth, try using Peer guardian

Peer Guardian just blocks certain IP addresses from accessing your system... AFAIK...

Peer Guardian just blocks certain IP addresses from accessing your system... AFAIK...

It blocks the ISP from tracing it back to you ( its not full proof) but its best to use that with a encryption software Such as Utorrent/bitcomet. it is not AFAIK!!!:(

Peer gaurdian is not compatible with windows vista and it wont help anyway.
Also my ISP has told me they dont block any ports to stop the bittorent protocol.

Peer gaurdian is not compatible with windows vista and it wont help anyway.
Also my ISP has told me they dont block any ports to stop the bittorent protocol.

What ISP are you with?

Also, we can fully discuss this here, no problem.

My ISP is "my pipex" i e-mailed them and they told me they didnt block any ports to stop the bittorent connection.

My ISP is "my pipex" i e-mailed them and they told me they didnt block any ports to stop the bittorent connection.

after doing some digging I found this Pipex port throttling

I've been on Pipex for about a year now and the service has been excellent, no downtime, fast downloads, great pings then this week I notice all torrents top out at 20kB/s and if I run more than one they split that 20kB/s between them.

I've read the terms and conditions and fair usage policy, nowhere does it state port throttling, ADSL Guide and ISP review forums are full this week with people complaing about it.
Most state that Pipex deny this, but when I phoned last night the guy I spoke to was quite open about it and admitted they had introduced port throttling on all P2P ports.

I was offered various discounts to stay with them, but they point blank refused to un throttle the ports, so I have requested my MAC code and will be looking for a new ISP.

this is from there official site http://www.pipex.co.uk/legal/fair-use-policy.php

Back
Top Bottom