Chipset temperature

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i have an nforce4 chipset in my motherboard, and i was wondering about the temperatures. when its at idle, its about 50-60 celcius, and when after playing a game, its up to 70 celcius, is that normal?
thanks in advance

i have 4 case fans, one in the front, two on the side, and one in the back, the one in the back is the exhaust and the other three blows in the case.
i have a DFI Infinity NF UltraII M2 motherboard.
i searched on google, and from what i found, the nforce4 chipset can go as high as 80-100, so around 60 celcius is normal, which i found that kind of weird, so im asking here.

yup, there was only one before, with a fan, but then me and my friend jimmy rigged it and now it has 2 heatsinks on top of eachother with thermal paste between them, and a fan on top

That won't neccessarily help. You could be increasing the temperature even more by doing that. One heatsink would be enough, with a fan.

Chipsets will get warm as a rule. Kage is right. One heatsink with a fan will work wonders. Watch how much thermal paste you use. A little dab will do ya...

Chipsets will get warm as a rule. Kage is right. One heatsink with a fan will work wonders. Watch how much thermal paste you use. A little dab will do ya...
Too much thermal paste will cause it to overheat, it acts as an insulator when you apply to much. I'de say remove the heatsink and reapply thermal paste sparingly with only one heatsink.

P.S could you post a picture of the heatsink you have setup? Sounds pretty funny lol.

hmm, i see, well after jimmy rigging it, it seems like the highest itll go is 61 celcius, which it kinda helped, but 60 still seem a little high

Back
Top Bottom