Rep Threads should be LOCKED

I'm sick of seeing hey look I've got this many bars of rep. You people make no sense whatsoever. You guys wanted it but then you didn't want it and say its stupid. Yet every time you get a another bar I see another hey i've got another bar rep thread.

Then after a few replies the thread turns into I'm only this far from so many bars. Now we all know what that leads to. Yes thats right people giving out rep for no reason but to give and receive more rep!

You guys wonder why rep is really virtually worthless on this forum. This is why.

It would be fine if it was just like hey congrats man you deserve it. But every thread on rep always turns into hey i'm a (X) amount of points and so close to the next bar *hint hint* BS which starts a snowball effect.

Honestly what is this affliction with a little green bar under your screen names?

I don't think there's anything really wrong with it, we all know how many bars we have - we can all see it...

Besides I learned a few new things about the rep system.

Edit> I voted for "I see nothing wrong with it" If you really need to know.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure what I should vote for, I don't like reputation threads so much but locking all of them might be a little harsh. It's nothing personal but whoring rep is pretty lame, I like the system but I really like the idea of a penalty given for abusing it, just like anything else, although that might get pretty damn technical.

So I've voted No but anyone that hints for rep should be docked 50 points.

Just start giving neg rep when people start asking for rep!!

It will soon stop them asking.

i chose the last option. plain and simple. its not against the rules to discuss them

It just leads to more useless rep given out. I think rep threads are getting annoying now since everyone posts one every time they get a new bar.

If the rules were my way, I'd lock / move every single "I got more rep!" and "OMG I GOT 2000 POSTS!" thread.

It's not breaking any rules...not hurting anyone..the title says what it's about so skip over it and go to the next thread. Not hard. Maybe all the whining, whinging threads like this should be locked.

Back
Top Bottom