Quad core vs 45nm Dual Core

OTSS

In Runtime
Intel Coreâ„¢2 Duo Processor E8400 3.0GHz w/ 6MB Cache priced at $214.95
vs
Intel Coreâ„¢2 Quad Processor Q6600 2.4GHz w/ 2x4MB Cache priced at $279.95

Ok so if I were building a new computer which would be better (since intel delayed its 45nm Quad cores) I heard the Dual core can easily clock over 4GHz and the Quad core can clock 3.6GHz. This puts me into a dilemma of future proofing because it appears the 45nm Dual core is faster overall but will the Quad be faster in the future when more programs and games support all 4 cores?

Also there is always the price difference. The dual core looks to be a very attractive price compared to the Quad.

i think all games from now will be writen for quads , maby wait for 45 nm quads they might oc to 4.5

even though the higher clock speed of 4 Ghz on a dual core is sooooo tempting,

id still sya go with the quad any day,

Yeah, its not just clock speed you have to be aware of, because when programs start taking more use of it, the quad will fly by.

the core 2 duo may be a bit faster but think about it
u got 4 guys painting a wall then 2 other guys painting a wall
the pair of 2 goes a bit faster but the pair of 4 over alll kicks but because there work is divided up

Quad most def. people have been OCing the Q6600 to 3.6ghz. That's 4 processors running at 3.6ghz compared to 2 processors running at 3.0ghz (assuming you don't OC the dual core) Personally, I don't want to OC mine...yet ;)

the core 2 duo may be a bit faster but think about it
u got 4 guys painting a wall then 2 other guys painting a wall
the pair of 2 goes a bit faster but the pair of 4 over alll kicks but because there work is divided up

best example ive ever heard lol:D

Back
Top Bottom