Getting a new car :)

Eh, I'm not a big fan of Volkswagen. The Passat has so many reliability issues (at least the North American version does). I do love the new Audi A4 though...just make sure you get one with the Quattro AWD otherwise you'll be stuck with the lame FF version. And as we all know...FF fails.

fwd_sucks.jpg
Funny guy, but FWD is good. My truck is a perfect example. You cant drive Rear wheel drive in the winter easily. Sadly, my truck is not 4x4, and only rear-wheel, its got about 200HP, and 0 wieght. All the wieght is on the FRONT wheels. So I have to throw 320 punds of sand or something in the back, where as a front wheel drive car has that wieght of the engine already. And it's a lot cheaper. Someone Has a nice Mercedes AMG or something, has traction control and everything, then why do people park them for the winter?

Diesels do last forever. 120,000, thats nothing. My friend has a gas powered chevy 1500 that's lasted 300,000+ miles. A diesel, can last past 500,000 if the rest doesnt fall apart, lol. Diesel is like an oil, and helps the engine, gas, on the other hand, corrodes the engine.

FWD is good in certain racing scenarios, it's just very very specific. Like curvy, hilly, traction-reducing conditions lol. I would say they are better in rally than RWD because it's harder to screw up. And whoever screws up the least wins.
Also it's not bad at all when properly set up. You just have to know what you are doing ad you can get them to turn-in super fast and even oversteer a little.

FWD is good in certain racing scenarios, it's just very very specific. Like curvy, hilly, traction-reducing conditions lol. I would say they are better in rally than RWD because it's harder to screw up. And whoever screws up the least wins.
Also it's not bad at all when properly set up. You just have to know what you are doing ad you can get them to turn-in super fast and even oversteer a little.

That's what AWD is for. Why do you think Ford equips all their rally going Focus cars with AWD instead of FWD?

Besides, the understeer you get from FWD is HORRIBLE. At least with oversteer if you power it through and your wheels are pointing the way you want to go you can still make it through.

Heh and FWD killed the penguin. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV18ZBXwwYM

'Nuff said.

Someone Has a nice Mercedes AMG or something, has traction control and everything, then why do people park them for the winter?

Because it's a car that costs a lot and you don't want to get it ruined by road salts. I would do the same if I owned my own Mercedes-Benz AMG or BMW M car. FWD does have the traction in certain situations, but if you drive RWD right you could control it just as well. There is a reason why all race cars have RWD instead of FWD (excluding WRC). Hell, even NASCAR uses RWD. :rolleyes:

Haha I love my FWD, it's not horrible. You just have to design the chassis around it and tune the suspension accordingly. Mine doesn't dive into understeer, it slides into oversteer and the front wheels drag it out.
I've stomped many an RWD noob because they are too much for their puny driving skills.

AWD is good also but worthless in anything other than a drag race or rally environment. It basically turns into a bad FWD unless you have a sophisticated computer-controlled rear-bias system.

FWD is fine for daily driving, but I hate how all those Honda or Acura fanboys on certain forums or even on YouTube brag about how they riced out their cars and can beat BMWs or whatnot in drag races. Almost any car can go fast in a straight line...it's how you handle the curves that defines your skill.

Yeah, you gotta love the traction that AWD offers.

Back
Top Bottom