Obama-Cheney-Bush

jon the noob

In Runtime
Saw this somewhere, googled it, and sure enough..

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/10/16/414460.aspx

From NBC's Adam Verdugo
In an interview with MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell this afternoon, Lynne Cheney revealed that while researching the Cheney family tree for her new book "Blue Skies, No Fences," she discovered that the Vice President Cheney and Barack Obama are related -- albeit distantly. According to Mrs. Cheney, the two politicians are eighth cousins.

*** Update *** The Obama campaign emails NBC/NJ's Aswini Anburajan that the Chicago Sun-Times actually wrote about this relation back in September, although the article notes that Obama and Cheney are 11th cousins -- not 8th cousins.

*** Update II *** Our mistake: The Sun-Times says that Obama and George Bush are 11th cousins, and Obama and Cheney are ninth cousins once removed. It seems we're all related....

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172007/news/regionalnews/dissing_cousins__obama__cheney.htm

By HASANI GITTENS

October 17, 2007 -- Who says Barack Obama doesn't have what it takes to be president? Turns out, he's a distant cousin of both Dick Cheney and George Bush.

The vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, announced her discovery yesterday while hawking her new book, "Blue Skies, No Fences," on MSNBC.

When asked if she would support Hillary Rodham Clinton because she is a woman, Lynne Cheney said, "I have to admit to a certain bias here . . . Dick and Barack Obama are eighth cousins."

Mrs. Cheney said that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor . . . could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

Then asked if she supported Obama she quickly said, "No."

Obama's camp made light of the family ties. "Every family has a black sheep," said spokeswoman Jen Psaki, with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

The Chicago Sun-Times revealed the genealogical link in early September, claiming that the shared ancestors were Mareen and Susannah Duvall, 17th century immigrants from France.

The newspaper, however, claimed that the senator from Illinois and the vice president were 11th cousins.

The Duvalls are Obama's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents, and Cheney's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents, the paper said.

George W. Bush and Obama, meanwhile, are 10th cousins once removed - linked through a 17th century Massachusetts couple, Samuel Hinckley and Sarah Soole, according to the Sun-Times.

WOW. I had no idea of this, how weird!

Wow, nice find! That sure is interesting! I wonder who I'm related to 11 cousins later??? Really makes you wonder.

you could be related to me or maybe bush but nice find non the lees. what is the personal feeling about this obama guy in america?

Back
Top Bottom