Auto Minimizing

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right,

my gf's mum's computer keeps auto minimizing windows on IE,

have ran ad aware - windows defender - CCleaner - nod32 all in safe mode and it was clean,

i need help, i cant see any time pattern or anythign and its not web site related it does it on many web pages that are fine on my laptop,

any ideas ???

yes its internet explorer minimising when she is browsing web pages,

and its not that other windows come ontop, it def minimises, aka if i only had 1 window open that was IE then it would show the desktop,

i dunno probably but id rather a fix than a work around,

also its not my computer and the user is used to IE and its hard to get them to change

That's an odd one. I just went cruising through the Internet Options and didn't see any settings that could cause that type of action. You could try resetting everything to default and see what happens.

What version of IE is she running?

Do you have a Normal XP CD laying around? If you do, uninstall IE7 in add/remove programs. When it's done, restart and go back into Add/remove programs. Click the Add/Remove Windows Components on the left side of the window, Uncheck IE and click next. IE will be completely uninstalled.

I've found restarting again here helps for some reason.

When it's uninstalled and after a restart (If you chose to do one) go back into the add/remove windows components and check IE and click next.

The reason I asked if you had the CD is because I cannot remember if it is needed to reinstall IE.

Do you have a Normal XP CD laying around? If you do, uninstall IE7 in add/remove programs. When it's done, restart and go back into Add/remove programs. Click the Add/Remove Windows Components on the left side of the window, Uncheck IE and click next. IE will be completely uninstalled.

I've found restarting again here helps for some reason.

When it's uninstalled and after a restart (If you chose to do one) go back into the add/remove windows components and check IE and click next.

The reason I asked if you had the CD is because I cannot remember if it is needed to reinstall IE.

ill probably just download IE 7 again and reinstall / repair it and see if that helps,

and shes running IE 7

Download firefox and get the skin that makes it exactly like IE 7 :|

I can't believe people still use IE..

Back
Top Bottom