Which of these are unnecessary?

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
My games have been freezing up lately and i've gotten the physical dumping screen a few times and i know its because there are programs running in the background that i don't need.

well which ones do i not need.

i need the style xp because its my explorer bar and theme, nod32 i need its my antivirus, also once these programs are not needed how can i assure they stay off?

thanks

The type/point32.exe's are not needed.

You can disabled them all from starting up in MSCONFIG.

The type/point32.exe's are not needed.

You can disabled them all from starting up in MSCONFIG.

they aren't? they're related to my wireless keyboard and mouse though right? or are they just the install files?

to jon, thanks for the site i brought my processes down to about 28 but why are there so many svchost.exe? and why are there so many of them with different amounts of space taken? repped btw

I have my logitec ones disabled. Some of the buttons on the keyboard don't do the right thing, but I noticed they were causing issues in games. Like Middle mouse (which I use for nades) would lower the screen.

i just googled the files and they said i need it for the extra buttons to work so looks like i'm keeping it. thanks though.

Ok, try just ending the process in task manager before going into games. You can re-load the processes by starting the software that comes with it (usually).

At least that way we'll know if those are really the cause.

Also check this out. I started googling those processes, and I saw this one:
http://www.file.net/process/bmwebcfg.exe.html

in the back of the need for speed carbon book it says for max performace end every thing with the "owner" name.
apart from explorer.exe.

it might be the theme,its not because its taking up 18mb . some themes can slow computers down

yea i realize that the theme does take up space but i rather get rid of all the other processes that are not in use.

celegorm, i caught that one like 10 minutes ago. its out of my computer for good thanks lol

after i rebooted i looked at the processes again and i had one that resembled punkbuster. why would i have that running, i have no clue.

If your talking about pnkbstrA.exe, that is normal to have. I've seen problems in COD2 where you would get kicked for punkbuster issues if that wasn't running when the game started.

There is also a B version of that file, but I usually only notice it when games are going.

Do you have itunes? that mDNSResponder is part of an apple program by the looks of it, that can be disabled if you don't need network features of itunes.

Back
Top Bottom