What kind of processor do you recomend?

i have 2 headsets

lolz

but ne way, get bf2, its a little shakey, but its a great game, specially with PR

just wonderin, wat programs use 4 treads?
3dmark06 I know uses at least 4 in the second CPU test. Crysis might, but I was under the impression that it used only two threads. Wish I could think of something else, but I haven't used any other programs that do.

Here's the thing. Dual core processors are just being introduced today, and most software programs are just beginning to touch that iceberg.

For what you describe, a dual core system will be fine. By the time quad cores are mainstream, you'll be looking for a new system already.

Ok, so some people say i should go with the quad core because it will somewhat future proof my computer? Buy some people say I should get a good dual core because its all I need for what I'm doing.
I'm not sure right now, but for some reason I'm starting to think a dual core would be best because if a quad core is actually slower stock, and will only do better if i handling programs that have more than 2 threads?

For the type of things you're going to do with your PC, a dual core is the best option. The E7000 series will be out in a couple of weeks and will replace the E4000s whilst remaining the same price. This will probably be the best for you.

For the type of things you're going to do with your PC, a dual core is the best option. The E7000 series will be out in a couple of weeks and will replace the E4000s whilst remaining the same price. This will probably be the best for you.

So I'm going to wait a few weeks and get one of the E7000 dual core processors...
After that ill be picking out a mobo I guess.

Back
Top Bottom