Resolution help!!

eliteforces

Beta member
Hello im new and i need some help. I set my resolution really high on my other computer and it asked me to restart my computer before it takes effect. So i did. But after all those loading screens, right before its suppose to show the blue welcome screen(using winXP) it goes black and a blue screen pops up saying something about i have to lower my screen resolution. But thats impossible since i cant see whats on my screen except this blue box and black screen. Does anyone know how to change the resolution any other way>

Start in safe mode by tapping F8 on your keyboard as the computer starts. Select "Enable VGA mode" and change your settings from there.

welcome you will not get as many posts as macgirl bu do not feel bad.
take your computer out back and shoot it then get a mac.
jk does your graphics card and moniter support that resolution? forgive the spelling and grammer in all my posts.

just remember not to set the resolution to the same one as before, set it one notch lower

No my monitor doesnt support it from what i can tell. But im gonna try what this guy adove u said by putting it into safe mode

Start in safe mode by tapping F8 on your keyboard as the computer starts. Select "Enable VGA mode" and change your settings from there.
Been there, done that. Change it to something usable in safe mode like 800x600, then reboot as normal and fix it to something your particular monitor supports and looks good to you.

Back
Top Bottom