What kind of processor do you recomend?

Ok, so I will go with a quad core. Also, ill have to find out what the conroe and kentsfield stuff is. I think I read somewhere its the kernel or something, but I don't really know what that is besides how Linux has a kernel.

names dont really matter . just get the quad core and a decent videocard and you will be able to max out .....WoW,lol.

names dont really matter . just get the quad core and a decent videocard and you will be able to max out .....WoW,lol.

Alright sounds good..
Now that you mentioned WoW, whats a cool game thats a shooting game and you wear head sets and is online.

Le 3eme oeil said:
just browsing the web, listening to music, instant message and playing some games.
Is a quad absolutely necessary? :p

If you're not doing much more than that, there's no need for a quad. The quad is only good for extreme multitasking and games that utilize it. A faster-clocked, cheaper dual-core makes more sense to me, one of the new 45nm ones. Testing has shown that they've gone up to (some beyond) 4GHz on air.

IMO, I think you could get away with a lower-end dual-core. But if you have the money and want to help futureproof your computer, then I guess that's a good reason to go quad.

Is a quad absolutely necessary? :p

If you're not doing much more than that, there's no need for a quad. The quad is only good for extreme multitasking and games that utilize it. A faster-clocked, cheaper dual-core makes more sense to me, one of the new 45nm ones. Testing has shown that they've gone up to (some beyond) 4GHz on air.

IMO, I think you could get away with a lower-end dual-core. But if you have the money and want to help futureproof your computer, then I guess that's a good reason to go quad.
When you say futureproof your computer, do you mean make it so its updated enough to use parts that will come out for it in the future?

kinda like that,

lets say u buy a dual core,

in a few months, quad is going to be the s$t, and ur gona kick urself in the a$$ for not buyin a quad

When you say futureproof your computer, do you mean make it so its updated enough to use parts that will come out for it in the future?
By "futureproof" I mean be ready for programs that have 4 threads.

Most programs today don't take advantage of quads, as they're much harder to code. Most have one thread, some have two, but few have four. In the case that is has one or two, a faster clocked dual-core will generally outperform a slower clocked quad core. But if it has 4, the quad will win hands down. So when programs that use 4 threads become standard, you'll be ready with a quad.

Back
Top Bottom