What kind of processor do you recomend?

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
Ive been wanting to do my first build for a while now, and I'm sort of getting somewhere as to picking out all the parts i will want.

I just was wondering what processor you recommend that i get. What I'm going to be doing is basically just browsing the web, listening to music, instant message and playing some games. The games are probably not too demanding because they will only be online stuff like RuneScape (yeah I know it's lame) and maybe some mmorpgs. I'm actually considering getting WoW down the road and want to make sure that if i do, my computer will be able to handle it.

Also, what is the difference between processors that say like conroe and things like yorkfield or kentsfield?

Ok, so now instead of getting core 2 duo I should go with quad core? Sounds like this computer will be ownage as long as I don't fry it right when I take it out of the box.

Edit: I don't get it. I thought quad core was supposed to be faster than Core 2 duo? I looked at the Ghz and the quad core says 2.4GHz and the dual core one says 3.0GHz

Ok, so now instead of getting core 2 duo I should go with quad core? Sounds like this computer will be ownage as long as I don't fry it right when I take it out of the box.

Edit: I don't get it. I thought quad core was supposed to be faster than Core 2 duo? I looked at the Ghz and the quad core says 2.4GHz and the dual core one says 3.0GHz

The quad core is better because it can handle more threads at a time than the dual core, thus making it better and more powerful. The quad Q6600 also has great overclocking abilities so, getting it pumped up to 3.0 shouldnt be hard. If you are going that price range, DEFINITELY get the quad.

so even though a dual core comes stock at 3.0, a quad core is better because it can handle more and can easily be clocked to 3.0+?

Back
Top Bottom