Which Heatsink/Fan??

Yea, if the fan is in the way, just remove it and leave the fan guard on. You could always mount it up front if you don't have one there already.

what i plan on doing is puting a window on the left side. and two 120mm fans under neath the window then cut out the little indentation in the front with a dremel and put some modder's mesh there with a 120mm fan behind it. then paint it all black inside and out.

mate, there are steel wire clips that attach to the cooler and hold the fan on the heatsink. You should look at the Thermalright site if you're unsure, that's what it is there for. ;)

LINK

faninstallys1.jpg

As I mentioned earlier I have one of these sitting in front of me, I can take a pic if you really want me to.

what i plan on doing is puting a window on the left side. and two 120mm fans under neath the window then cut out the little indentation in the front with a dremel and put some modder's mesh there with a 120mm fan behind it. then paint it all black inside and out.
Sounds like a fun project. Take pics and post them when you're finished.

A True Folder -
Those fan clips work pretty good. I have an old Thermalright SLK800 that uses the same clips to hold the fan on. Much easier than using screws.

Is the fan still very secure? No vibrations? I'm thinking of getting the Tuniq or the Thermalright myself.

Yup, very secure. No vibrations from what I can tell from ours. The clips run along the entire length of the fan and they hold the fan to the heatsink quite tightly. :D

sounds pretty sick. but i think ima go with the Zalman. and i dont think that things gonna fit in this POS, to be honest with ya

It's not actually that much taller than the Zalman, an inch or so iirc, I had to remove my side case fan to get the TU120e in there whereas with the Zalman it was OK to leave in place.

The TU120e is the superior cooler of the two imo, I just need to get the IFX-14 up and running again so I can compare all three

:D

yeah cuz as u can see. i have a side case fan. and i dont really wanna have to put the window in yet and the zalman will keep my CPU cool so i'll be happy

and i put that there myself on purpose to blow air right on my CPU. good idea huh?

Back
Top Bottom