I Read the Stickies but What If...?

waldorfpc

In Runtime
what if the user of the computer does not understand how or where to find certain specs or information concerning thos spects? I'm trying to think in terms of a layman. You'd be surprised. I've gotten clients who don't even know the very components of the computers they are using. I thought I'd ask.

A good system information program to us is PC Wizard. It will analyze and report the complete specifications of your computer including all hardware and software applications.

Device manager works for the basics. But it can't tell you anything about the motherboard, installed memory, etc. If you need detailed information to diagnose a problem or purchase new components, one of the above listed programs is needed.

Wow! I forgot all about this thread. This is great info for the newbie who does not know how to find their spects. But, I was speaking in terms of the stickies. though we know that, the newbie on the computer or layman will not. i asked this as I noticed the stickies saying that all computer spects had to be listed here when asking for help on troubleshooting a problem, and for the average person, that isn't always easy to do. Sorry. I'm just thinking about them.

Back
Top Bottom