Overclocking a godly CPU?

dakxxus

BSOD
Well, i have two intel Xeon processors and they are running at 2.66ghz so, how do i overclock. I mean.. do i even need to? because one of my freinds overclocked his Q6600 and it was a big jump from 2.4ghz to 3.0ghz. I cant find the sticky which tells you how to.. any help?

*Note, Intel Xeon quadcores x2

Firstly, do you have any experience of OC'ing? Do you know the basic rules? FSB x multiplier = CPU speed etc.

NOPE. Im entirely new to it, but i know that most importantly i need to keep this beast cool, and i got it covered. No, i know nothing about OC'ing at all :D

Right, so first off, you'll want to get yourself familiar with the BIOS. When the computer boots. There will be some options at the bottom of the screen allowing you to enter your BIOS. Usually this is the DEL key but it may be different on your board. Enter and just try to navigate through it. It doesn't matter if you don't understand anything. We're just getting started.

Look for your FSB speeds/CPU multiplier/DRAM frequency. These are the main tools of overclocking.

download everest ulitmate . it tells you every thing you need to no in the overclock section

Back
Top Bottom