Winodws 7

I have had Vista since the first day it was released in Australia. Vista shits on XP..I wouldn't go back to XP if you paid me.

Honestly? What does it offer except for a new 3D based layout, and of course the extra functionality in Widgets that that provides?

well i was building new so i went with the latest , althoe i wouldnt have upgraded if i was XP

Honestly? What does it offer except for a new 3D based layout, and of course the extra functionality in Widgets that that provides?

I honestly find it faster and more stable than XP. When something does occasionally crash it doesn't bring the whole computer to a halt while it catches up like XP does. When you ctrl-alt-dlt it actually closes the program everytime unlike XP. Of course the extra eye candy and widgets make a big difference...when you use a pc every single day personally i like to change the look so it stays new and fresh ..i get bored of seeing the same thing in front of me everyday. Vista gives greater scope to do that without the use of 3rd party apps. I love the quick easy search thing that comes up when you click the start button. I am one of the lucky ones whom has had every piece of hardware works with vista also. I have XP still on another computer in the house and whenever I use that it just feels so bland to me. Just my opinion. Some don't like it but that goes the same with every operating system ..Xp was the same.

every time i pus ctrl alt del i say dont fail on me now ,
every time ive pushed it in the last 2 weeks its never not come up.
with xp it comes up like half the time . i like vistas stability

im going to stick with XP for a year or two more, it hasn't failed me yet and the only time its crashed is when i set the memory voltages wrong :)

i'll only switch once they sort out all the major bugs, maybe after the first service pack or something :D

Vista is a disaster. A lot of people don't like it, and I don't blame them. I like vista for the most part, but I don't like the fact that I can't install XP on my laptop because all the drivers are for vista. I hope windows 7 isn't as RAM hungry as Vista because vista is really laggy on 1GB RAM.

tru.

vista looks nice, i give it that. its got some really nifty bells and wistles

but for the most part, i dont like it too much, windows is always crashing on me, i get kicked on BF2 for a dissalowed driver, the list goes on and on

Back
Top Bottom