xbox360 question

are u sure u want a 360 , ps3 have wifi built in. and live costs

The PS3 may have built in WiFi, but the PSN is ages from even being close to competing with Xbox Live. I'd rather pay for Xbox Live than have to deal with the PSN.

Besides, the topic of the thread was asking how he could connect a 360 wirelessly, not which console he should get. :rolleyes:

you could also run cat 5 wire to it go up in the attatic and drill some holes!

you could also run cat 5 wire to it go up in the attatic and drill some holes!

I thought about that. Although, I only found a cat5e cable that is 35ft on the internet, the distance from my room to the computer connected to the wireless router is 44-45 feet.

You could do it through a laptop...use your laptop's network adapter for your 360.

If not..the wireless adapter from Microsoft is pretty darn costly. I'd get two cheap wireless routers, one connected to the 360 and one to your modem.

You could do it through a laptop...use your laptop's network adapter for your 360.

If not..the wireless adapter from Microsoft is pretty darn costly. I'd get two cheap wireless routers, one connected to the 360 and one to your modem.

Yeah, my laptop has a wireless connection to the router in the other room. So, I would just connect a ethernet cable from the xbox to the laptop? Also, will the laptop have to been on in order to have the wireless connection running through or can if be off and still be transmitting the signal to the xbox? Thanks for your help guys.

The laptop would have to be on in order to use it's internet connection. As would your computer if using that.

I thought about that. Although, I only found a cat5e cable that is 35ft on the internet, the distance from my room to the computer connected to the wireless router is 44-45 feet.

If you go to the right electronics stores like Fry's or something, they have plenty of commercial grade networking cables. They have some that range from 7" to 50' or even longer.

If you go to the right electronics stores like Fry's or something, they have plenty of commercial grade networking cables. They have some that range from 7" to 50' or even longer.

Wow. I looked again and found a nice 50ft cable. Thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom