Assembly

iamchickenlover

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know what a good way to learn assembly language is?:confused: i have to say i am pretty good at java and c++ so i think i want to learn a new thing that you interact with the hardware more.

I'd say trust me you don't want to! but that's not helpful.

I started learning assembly whilst doing my A levels and carried on whilst I was at uni, Assembally is a not so elegant solution that takes many line what you can easily do in C!

still there are uses for it, for example when programming chips, if you run out of memory space on the chip you can use ASM codes to reduce memory size instead of using string C libraries to do things like printC.

honestly there is no easy way to learn,
Assembally is not fantastically intuitive, and certainly will feel like a step backwards when you're used to higher level languages.
Also a lot of what is learned is specific to particualr chips (I learned to program the Motorolla HC11 that's an 8 bit chip, and still takes a while to learn, (it's also now obsolete),
since then I've started programing PIC chips...

a book with structured lessons and tasks is probably the only way to learn in place of real taught lessons.

also you may wish to invstigate some chips and perhaps consider making a programmer so that you can get some actual experiance in programming hardware, and seeig results,
(it's a lot more fun to see real lights flash or motors move than it is to see it simulated on a screen).

thank you so much.
That is the reason why i want to learn it i understand the hardware but now i want to go further in it and learn how to make the hardware work thanks again.:D

thank you so much.
That is the reason why i want to learn it i understand the hardware but now i want to go further in it and learn how to make the hardware work thanks again.:D

then learning assembly will certainly help you out with that :)

nothing specific, just look up books about computer architecture or MIPS (one of the common assembly languages).

Back
Top Bottom