Winodws 7

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Well if you haven't heard, Microsoft is planning a new OS after the huge failure that is Vista. It's called Windows 7; and Microsoft claims its to be ready in the second half of 2009.

Whats probably most interesting is the abandonment of Windows Legacy. Which is really all we know about the future OS for now. What does that mean? It means Microsoft is pretty much throwing out all of the old code and starting from scratch. Something it hasn't done, (correct me if I'm wrong), since I believe Windows NT in 1993.

This is evident my the switch in the kernel. The kernel is the heart of the Operating System. The Vista Kernel contained over 5,000 files and was over 2,500mb. The new Kernel, being called MinWin since its so small, is less than 100 files and under 25mb in size. What does this mean? That Windows is pretty much starting from scratch.

The other information Microsoft has released is a phillosiphy of 'user-centric'. When Gates was asked to clarify what this meant, he answered with something like this:

"When you change computers, or go from one computer to another, you have to re-download all your apps, transfer your files, and its really all a hassle. With Live-Sync we can just pull down a 'homepage' (whether he means an actual homepage like a website or something new is unclear), and you have everything from your personal computer there."

So if your considering upgrading to Vista, perhaps you should just wait a year and a half for Windows 7.

i seen that at engadget supposably it will be shipped to some of its custermers for testing in 2nd quarter of 09.

Hey, I'm happy with my Vista. I have had minimal errors with it. It runs all my games fine, some even better than XP did. It has a better looking GUI than XP (well, the Aero does at least, if you don't use Aero, it looks like crap.) I like Vista, but I wouldn't mind another upgrade when it comes out. Might be interesting to see :)

Back
Top Bottom